Approximately one year after the shoot of ‘Beijing love story’ film in Santorini, a Chinese film festival took place in Athens. The festival was co-organised by the Greek Ministry of Culture, the Greek Film Library, the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film & Television in China (SARFT) and the Embassy of China in Greece. In particular, from 15 until 18 September 2014 the Greek Film Library (Iera Odos & Megalou Alexandrou 134-136) was hosting this festival presenting eight movies directed by Chinese directors from 2011 onwards.
These films are:
- Beijing Love Story / Chen Sicheng (2014, 121΄)
- The Grandmaster / Wong Kar-wai (2013, 130΄)
- Partners / Peter Chan (2013, 113΄)
- Police diary / Ning Ying (2013, 110΄)
- Say Yes / Leste Chen (2013, 104΄)
- Chinese Zodiac / Jackie Chan (2012, 103΄)
- Full circle / Zhang Yang (2012, 105΄)
- Flying Swords of Dragon Gate / Tsui Hark (2011, 120΄)
On the occasion of the festival, a Chinese delegation of official and artists traveled to Athens. The delegation was headed by Vice-Minister of SARFT Mr Tong Gang, Director of ‘Beijing Love Story’ Mr Chen Sicheng and protagonist Ms Tong Liya.
The opening ceremony took place on Monday 15 September at 21:00. Greek Minister of Culture Ms Angela Gerekou made the opening remarks. Ambassador of China to Greece Mr Zou Xiaoli also was present.